Colorado’s Ceramics

Yeah, it was a pain having to clean all my tools, workbench, etc.

I also made a few porcelain dinner plates that didn’t turn out that good, but I’m going to try again because my wife wants pasta bowls 😃
I despise working with porcelain, I always find it's incredibly fragile... Maybe that was due to my use of it for sculpture instead of more simple shapes?

looking good man... I just start bisque firing a bunch of pots we will have to see how they turn out. My bigger pots 18 inch keep cracking I trying to get them to survive.. maybe if I am ever in the area we could chat pots and trees.

looking good man... I just start bisque firing a bunch of pots we will have to see how they turn out. My bigger pots 18 inch keep cracking I trying to get them to survive.. maybe if I am ever in the area we could chat pots and trees.
Thanks so much! I have had much less problems with cracking ever since I started drying my pots suuuuuper slow. Like for example my 20” oval that I mentioned earlier took about 2 or 3 weeks to dry. I keep it covered with plastic and then just take the plastic off for maybe 20 minutes a day until it seems pretty dry and then I leave it to get bone dry in the open air.

Would love to have you by the garden if you’re ever out here in Colorado! Would be great to chat pots and trees 😃

Where are you at in colorado. I let my pots dry for months lol. I put old tee shirts over them and plastic. 2 out of the 3 I fired this time cracked. sometimes I think it is more my fault because I put pots inside pots for bisque firing because I try to get the most out of the firing. but this last time I did not put anything in them and they still hairlined. but yea I am going to keep trying...

Picked up a load from the kiln yesterday! It’s like Christmas morning every time 😁😂
938B3464-6814-48F7-B11F-58621E5142D4.jpeg

Still need to get the feet cleaned up from kiln shelf debris and take some proper photos but couldn’t help myself but to snap a pic of the glaze on this large oval 😁
EBDC59E4-C1F6-4042-8432-22A07DA05E39.jpeg

Picked up a load from the kiln yesterday! It’s like Christmas morning every time 😁😂
View attachment 533490

Still need to get the feet cleaned up from kiln shelf debris and take some proper photos but couldn’t help myself but to snap a pic of the glaze on this large oval 😁
View attachment 533491
I really like the large oval!

Feel free to show off the one you are making for me once you shape it if you want

Now that it’s finished, I can post this one! I am very superstitious, nowadays, about posting pics of pots before they’re finished. Seems like every time I do that, it cracks during the drying or firing 🤣

But this one for @Paradox turned out great! This is a custom commissioned unglazed oval. It is about 8” x 6.25” x 2.5” deep. I would consider this a very traditional design with slight curvature to the walls and an ever-so-slightly flared lip.
4C73424A-94B8-4420-ACF1-7919D18ABF58.jpeg14AAA48A-C33A-43B4-90BF-54F3F3D0B1B8.jpegD3E4F86F-B19D-4667-8C88-686F0D0BB104.jpeg

Now that it’s finished, I can post this one! I am very superstitious, nowadays, about posting pics of pots before they’re finished. Seems like every time I do that, it cracks during the drying or firing 🤣

But this one for @Paradox turned out great! This is a custom commissioned unglazed oval. It is about 8” x 6.25” x 2.5” deep. I would consider this a very traditional design with slight curvature to the walls and an ever-so-slightly flared lip.
View attachment 533526View attachment 533527View attachment 533528
That's one of the two that I had my eye on 😃

View attachment 533526View attachment 533527View attachment 533528
Package arrived today. Exceedingly well packed. Lol my husband and I were laughing as we took layer after layer of foam, bubble wrap, plastic wrap and paper off of it.

Very nice and just in time for repotting the tree I wanted it for.

Back
Top Bottom