Updated my JBP PDF

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Last edited:
Thank you so much as someone starting out this great to see with high quality pictures showing everything.

Yes, Brian does an excellent job with photoessays, in addition to the trees. Very clear and concise.

Hi Brian, your choice for a new front really improved this tree. In my opionion, an excellent decision.

Rob

Keeps getting better and better every year, Brian. Thanks so much for maintaining this tutorial it is an amazing resource for us pine bonsai neophytes. Keep up the good work! :)

Cory

Brian,

Excited to read this. I discovered your blog last week, and agree you are doing a great job with your photo essays.

Last edited:
After I posted, I realized I saw your name this morning. You should be getting a surprise soon! :cool:

After I posted, I realized I saw your name this morning. You should be getting a surprise soon! :cool:

Guilty as charged, thanks... in plenty of time for my 4th annual Kathy Shaner workshop this weekend (pix will follow!)

You guys do a great online business...tools, supplies, pots, and on a well-built website.

http://www.dallasbonsai.com

Thanks for sharing! very much appreciated.

Another THANK YOU to add to all the others. I agree with Rob, great choice!

You're making my fingers itch.... but it's still too early here...

I see it went from potting compost to a bonsai pot with inorganics in it. Do you have any pics of the transition process and how you did this? I think this is one of the main reasons my success with getting a pine into a pot is not too good...

Marie,

There are many threads on the boards right now on repotting JBP. When moving from nursery peat to bonsai soil, reduce the rootball as normal, then barefoot half. Two years later when you repot, barefoot the other half.

Naturally, all new bonsai soil is the inorganic mix.

This is an excellent resource. Thanks very much.

Brian, thank you for putting this pdf out and also keeping it up to date! It's super useful for people like me who don't know anything about pines.

By the way, I noticed that there is a spelling error (perpindicular instead of perpendicular) on the tenth page.

Bvf...

PDF and tree, both awesome

you are at the top of our game

Back
Top Bottom