Trees stolen again... I'm done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t understand why crack heads would target trees in baskets. It’s not like there’s any money in them. Not saying they weren’t nice trees but they seem to be pre-bonsai, in development.

Really sorry to hear about this though!
Right? They were mostly pre-bonsai and one more-developed tree. Most of the ones stolen this time were worth like $20 maybe. They took one I was probably going to just chuck (plant in the forest). The 2 inch trunk Siberian elm taken last, I was sad to see that go 😢. Had grown it in the ground from a baby seedling.

The same 2 came back again this year for more of my trees. They stole some last year, but there were no cameras then. I gave a police report with video from the cameras. I live in a condo so I can't keep them anywhere else. I either have to move or quit the hobby entirely. I can't keep having my heart ripped out like this. They took 6 more. Some crappy, but one I really loved.
I started drinking again last time this happened, this time I'm going to a meeting.
I'm just posting to vent, because you guys understand how this feels. The police seem like they are clueless as to how valuable these trees are to me. I would rather they stole my car.
Sorry, this happened again. :( Sure would discourage me, and then I'd build a IED on pot pick up, wake up to a loud bang & red mist, I'm a vengeful dog. Little joke to maybe help. :)

House plants, sniper rifle, and Tropical trees until you can move maybe.

This is horrible to see. Not sure how much air tags are but repotting with those in soil could at least maybe catch thieves. Sad to even have to think about that
AirTags are $20 I believe.

Watching these two walk up without a care in the world and steal your trees in that blasé a fashion infuriated me. Can’t imagine the feeling it evokes in you.

Very sorry you are dealing with this, and repeat offenders at that. It is such a violating feeling that there are people out there that have no problem doing this.

Sorry to hear this... when there is no fear of consequence, there is little stopping dirtbags like this.

Motion sensor lights are decent deterrents. If for some reason you can't do that, good old fashioned trip wires and tin cans. S🤬tbags hate being surprised by stuff, no matter how simple it is. Air tags or other tracking devices are only useful if the police care to go looking... Or you're down to go full batman on them.
Simply moving the patio furniture in the way can make a difference.

All these folks offering to send trees, but no one has any poison oak?😏

If you have clear pics of the missing trees, share them here. We can keep an eye out on eBay or the like. At least we can get that end shut down by reporting them to the admins for selling stolen goods. Throw a kink in their plans maybe.

We're always here for you, man. And we won't wait for you to come asking. We'll be in your face about it.😜

The same 2 came back again this year for more of my trees. They stole some last year, but there were no cameras then. I gave a police report with video from the cameras. I live in a condo so I can't keep them anywhere else. I either have to move or quit the hobby entirely. I can't keep having my heart ripped out like this. They took 6 more. Some crappy, but one I really loved.
I started drinking again last time this happened, this time I'm going to a meeting.
I'm just posting to vent, because you guys understand how this feels. The police seem like they are clueless as to how valuable these trees are to me. I would rather they stole my car.
That is so bad, can you not enclose the front with a pretty cage like a high metal gate or something like that. Dot give them the satisfaction of giving up. x

Its a shame the collective anger over this sort of thing by all of us far and wide doesn't manifest to them simply disappearing (in a cloud of red mist) Ive had so much stuff stolen from me over the years, mostly tools( inc my truck) as I was a carpenter so its very relatable. Even more recently when a woman stole around $150 of little pre bonsai mame sized plants from me. Im to the point I value a spec of pumice more than these types.

Condolences on the loss. Infuriating video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom