Hurricane Helene

There's no media inconsistencies. A hurricane is coming. Follow your local guidelines by your local municipality government of police. And if you need help, request help. If your property gets damaged, use the local and federal funds that are available to you. You live in the US. One of the richest countries in the history of humanity with an incredible ability to deal with natural disasters.

People were warned about Helene beforehand. Even other Bnutters were repeating this warning on the very page you just posted on. We cannot predict in detail which areas will be most severely affected. And violent storms like these can act unpredictable and not follow the computer model. This is known and an inherent property of violent storms & the physics of our universe.

Hurricane path prediction gets way more uncertain once it goes on land and the pressure center is over land. Helene hit the US coast and moved deep into the US. Milton is different in that it will pass over the Florida peninsula.
So that makes it different in that for Helene, a much larger area was warned.

Last edited:
In real life, my first name is Helene. People have been calling me "Hurricane" for many days now -- just because we live in Michigan some folks feel like they can joke around. I will be glad when Hurricane Helene leaves the news!

Also, I am very glad that my middle/last name is not Milton!

In real life, my first name is Helene. People have been calling me "Hurricane" for many days now -- just because we live in Michigan some folks feel like they can joke around. I will be glad when Hurricane Helene leaves the news!

I have a particularly gruff co-worker named Katrina. They still call her hurricane…

Well that storm was pretty strong. A lot of tree branches down and so many fried in the power lines I think that is the majority of the power outages. Still places opened up for business today, thank goodness for Publix. I learned to make coffee on the charcoal chute on top of the Weber grill 😄

Aaaagh my power is on, so thrilled!!!
It sure is hard to be addicted to so many things that revolve around power, and then go without for a long time. We are all lucky the weather was good. I don't know how the people in snowstorm outages make it.

I still flinch when someone talks about hurricane Sandy

The trees are just trying to make their own fertilizer since the ban in Florida weakened them :)
In other laws, a homeowner can get fined for blowing grass clippings on the road (under the premise it might cause red tide or something) yet right now every house with trees other than the standard two palms and a shrub has a pile leaching LOTS of nitrogen in the roads. More than homeless population poop in the streets could ever. Meanwhile, the city garbage collection enjoys a few weeks off from ANY YARD WASTE or furniture pick-up, because that's state money issue. 🤯

Reactions: Zac
We (almost) all have generators. Just took mine out and ran it for an hour this weekend to make sure it didn't need any work.
And backup source of heat. Yeah I need to get mine out and test also

Back
Top Bottom