Pre hurricane Helene

I took some taller trees off the benches and put them onto the ground because the initial track was right over us. I am just south of Atlanta. We had 18" of rain but the winds never got over 40 mph. I have a lot of limbs to pick up but not much more to do than that and no trees were damaged.
Just 40 miles to our east it is bad.

I hope you'll hear from them soon and that they're ok.
My sister called this afternoon and she is fine. They had several trees across their driveway and a small private road accessing about 20 other houses.

She and all of my cousins have no power, and since they are all in the country with wells, they have no water either.

One cousin, who lives in an especially remote area, has still not been in touch. She surrounded by tall trees and steep mountain slopes...

It’s a lot of damage and I know there are still cutoff communities. I hope the relief efforts can get to everyone soon. This was unprecedented event and no one’s fault, although I see finger pointing from every direction. I hope that people can pull together to get everyone possible to safety and back to normality asap.

Wish I could say that. We’ve already gotten 11” of rain and Asheville is predicted to get 6-10” more with winds gusting 40-60 mph. I expect to lose power and internet for 1 day to a week! I have the small trees in the greenhouse and the big stuff on the ground.
How are you now? My daughter moved to Asheville in January for several reasons but one of them because she was tired of hurricanes, her and her boyfriend started making plans after hurricane Ian. We couldn't get in touch with her for a couple days but she is OK. Today they got out of town and went to her boyfriend's dad's house to shower and stock up on some supplies.
Hope you're well.

How are you now? My daughter moved to Asheville in January for several reasons but one of them because she was tired of hurricanes, her and her boyfriend started making plans after hurricane Ian. We couldn't get in touch with her for a couple days but she is OK. Today they got out of town and went to her boyfriend's dad's house to shower and stock up on some supplies.
Hope you're well.
Glad your daughter is Ok.

Hope you're well.
We got lucky as our house and yard were not damaged although many of my neighbors were not as lucky and have trees on their houses. My bonsai were not damaged either. But we have no water and no power and it won’t be back for weeks at best. It is a mess!

Thanks for checking on me, all my animals and trees did fine with Helene.
Currently bracing for Milton, this time around I brought the majority of my small trees indoors, moved the middle size to my sheltered car port and had to leave the large one outside in a corner.
Still have power, just lost wifi. Will update again when the storm passes. About to smoke a cigar and enjoy a glass of JD

Attachments

• IMG_1440.jpeg
    IMG_1440.jpeg
    403 KB · Views: 29
Thanks for checking on me, all my animals and trees did fine with Helene.
Currently bracing for Milton, this time around I brought the majority of my small trees indoors,
I left mine on the shelves, some high as 4', because I always forget I don't have one more day to prep, it is raining too hard. The ones on near the ground shelves don't usually fall over. Stay safe :)

Life’s good. Still no power but all my animals and trees are doing great. An unexpected plus of the storm damage is yamadori potential all over.
As I already have 13 trees I’m beginning to become far more selective, hard to pass up even okay options when they are going to be destroyed though.

Silly question... But post storm after I assume you clean what you can and got lucky with no damage... Would it be a good collection time?
Excellent question. I’m expected to get power back sometime today and ordered this root slayer shovel for that purpose. Problem is time, I want another Harley that’s being sold in ocala so lining that up first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 13
Excellent question. I’m expected to get power back sometime today and ordered this root slayer shovel for that purpose. Problem is time, I want another Harley that’s being sold in ocala so lining that up first.
I felt really awful asking this question due to the severity of the event... I'm happy your okay and seems like everything worked out

Back
Top Bottom