Trees stolen again... I'm done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahless

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
The same 2 came back again this year for more of my trees. They stole some last year, but there were no cameras then. I gave a police report with video from the cameras. I live in a condo so I can't keep them anywhere else. I either have to move or quit the hobby entirely. I can't keep having my heart ripped out like this. They took 6 more. Some crappy, but one I really loved.
I started drinking again last time this happened, this time I'm going to a meeting.
I'm just posting to vent, because you guys understand how this feels. The police seem like they are clueless as to how valuable these trees are to me. I would rather they stole my car.

The nerve!
How they just walk in and select trees. Pfff...

The video should give some hope? Quite clear parts of faces
Yeah, the police said it was a good video. Even if I catch them someone else will just come and steal them. It’s just too easy to do that here

I’m so sorry!
Does your camera give you alerts at the time this is happening? Apple air tags may allow you to follow them. Obviously I don’t want you to engage with them but it would be awesome to see them get caught!
I would love to see a video of someone with a shotgun saying put them back and get off my property. Also I understand that people are crazy and I don’t want you to get hurt.

I’m so sorry!
Does your camera give you alerts at the time this is happening? Apple air tags may allow you to follow them. Obviously I don’t want you to engage with them but it would be awesome to see them get caught!
I would love to see a video of someone with a shotgun saying put them back and get off my property. Also I understand that people are crazy and I don’t want you to get hurt.
We were supposed to get an alert when people came on my deck but they pulled the camera in the front down that would shine a light and alert me. I had a rock pick that I was ready to fuck someone up with if I got that alert

Violating a person's private property is one of the most lowlife things someone can do to another. Do you have a spot in the back side of your Condo that is not out in the open for all to see? One other option is a motion detector tied into a siren that could be activated for night-time only use. The other option could be to go indoor with your tree selection...

My worst nightmare. So sorry to hear about your loss. Normal folks just don't get how much it hurts.

Sorry to hear that this happened. If you need a place to chat, this thread is a great space.

First of all, don't do something you're going to have to recover from. Good on you for having a better plan this time.

I'm SO ANGRY for you. That was hard to watch, and I'm not connected to those trees. I'd probably look in community groups on social media for folks who could help identifying them, but I'm not exactly sure what the endgame would be, or how helpful that would be for the police.

That's truly awful and I can sympathize. Most of my trees were destroyed in a house fire, then a few years later I moved across the country to Arizona. While I was stopping in Fresno someone broke into my moving van and stole the remaining trees except two I had in the cab.

I gave up on bonsai for the next 6 years until I moved to Oregon.

Thieves are the worst.

This sucks! I've lost many trees through the years, but the idea of someone like those "men" in your video stealing any of my trees... even the newer projects... would ruin me for a while. Cockroaches like moving in the dark so... any chance you could get a motion activated LED flood lamp to cover that area... there are hard wired and plug-in options available... order now and you'll have them Tuesday. Good luck and don't forget that Karma's a bitch and those guys will get theirs in the end. Also, might be worth notifying any garden center that might be interested in buying/selling bonsai and just letting them know what was taken.

Nothing can replace what you have lost, on so many levels.
Its little consolation, but if you would like some tropicals to develop inside under lights, let me know. I would be happy to send you some indoor plants to work with.

Wow, that’s just crazy to see. I’m sorry this happened, twice no less ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom