Stewartia Monadelpha

Any chance you have a close up shot of how you evaluate bud status for timing re-pots on stewartia?

I have one that's new to me, and I'm seeing buds move but not certain what the 'magic moment' is to do some heavy root work. Thanks!

Any chance you have a close up shot of how you evaluate bud status for timing re-pots on stewartia?

I have one that's new to me, and I'm seeing buds move but not certain what the 'magic moment' is to do some heavy root work. Thanks!
Here’s what mine looked like last night just after repotting. Some green just peeking through.
8EC44FA0-9904-4477-A436-7D6B9A960DED.png

Just went to Dave's field again and dug 3 five-year old ones plus a trident maple and a bald cypress! Took four and half hours to pot them all up but it was worth it!

Here’s what mine looked like last night just after repotting. Some green just peeking through.
View attachment 532353
Beautiful tree Brian! Read through the whole thread but could not find what type of soil you have it in. I have a small one I am potting and would like to know what is recommended...

Any advice on healing big wounds/chops for stewartia? Do they behave like maples essentially or have you done anything special to get it to heal chops and/or big cuts? Much appreciated!

Any advice on healing big wounds/chops for stewartia? Do they behave like maples essentially or have you done anything special to get it to heal chops and/or big cuts? Much appreciated!
Mine healed big cuts pretty quickly. I used cut paste.

And what soil is recommended for this tree?

Back
Top Bottom