Pinus mugo "Little Lady"

rodtheworm

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought about three years ago from nursery stock when my daughter was born, and am hoping to pass this on to her when she gets older if she also develops a taste for bonsai.

It probably needs some wiring now to get it into shape, but I'm happy with how the needle reduction and basic trunk divisions are starting to develop.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Greeting and a most hearty Welcome Aboard BonsaiNut.

A couple items to help you seamlessly work with others on the site.

1. Basic information. Please enter the approximate location and USDA Plant Hardiness Zone to your icon. This will help others help you and help you meet folks in your area. To do this double click your icon atop the page, select Account details, scroll down and enter the information and save.

2. Images: We all prefer to see images in posts. To upload use the Attach File button to select the image. Once uploaded tap the area you want the image to appear, the tap the image below the box and either select thumbnail or full image. Thumbnails are often used as informational attachments in text, full images to illustrate or introduce a subject or topic.

In this case, we are all very interested to see your “Little Lady” which we all sincerely hope will someday be gifted to your daughter.

Again, Welcome Aboard

cheers
DSD sends

rodtheworm

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you!

I don't see an option to edit my post, so I'll try here:20230627_201011.jpg

Looks like perhaps the image was too big before?

Anyway, I'm in the south west UK, so relatively warm and mild.

Edit: I also realise that I've mistakenly posted this in the Juniper subsection after putting up my Chinese juniper multi-trunk, argh! I don't suppose a friendly mod could move it to the correct section?

Apologies again - I blame baby brain!

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice starter tree and very healthy!

Now if you would be so good as to follow the instructions on #1 above you can enter this information.

btw there is a resource on Mugo Pines on this site that might be of interest to you. It’s posted here.

cheers
DSD sends

rodtheworm

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks again, that's an interesting read! Looks like I'm coming up to perfect wiring time right now, then next year will be repotting and root pruning.

I've added my location and rough zone - the map I found estimates zone 9 for my part of the UK.

rodtheworm

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just chanced on this article mentioning Somerset which might help narrow it down

Cheers
DSD sends
Thanks - yes, the map I found showed most of the UK as 8, some 7 in the north and 9 in the southwest. That article says 8b, and they're just about on the dividing line, where I'm a bit further southwest into the 9 zone. Sounds like it fits.

I'm just down the road from a big cider producer (one of the things Somerset is best known for in the country), so I know that at least Malus species will do well in my area!

I'll try to get a few more pictures up over the next week or two but, while I have many trees, most of them would be generously described as starter material.

Top Bottom