How many times before you give up ?

I hate that frickin tree now I am going to chop the crap out of it today. Aggghhhh!

It is very odd to start a thread soliciting feedback and ideas and then get enraged at them being offered.

Jelle’s last bit of advice, an echo of your own mockery, would do well to be taken.

On topic, I have very little interest in exploring novel species that are not a) locally collectible or b) worked on by my teachers. There is so much depth to individual genera and species that aimless exploration feels like an unwise use of my time and bench space for my current level of skill.

I've killed more than I can count over the years. I gave up on Azalea a long time ago but I figured if it's been over a decade then I could try again. Now I have two azaleas that have been doing well.

Fukien tea on the other hand was just reliving my childhood trauma and I still will not buy them.

I have sworn off Juniper 3 times, but I like them too much, I know how I killed them, and I have been thinking about giving it one more try.

1728347362225.png1728347425788.png

Here is the tree as purchased, about 5' high including pot I will be able to do something on it later this week, I am thinking get rid of one of the 4 main branches and let recover for a while, OR see if any of the branches are flexible, if not cut 2 back now and 2 in spring.
The name on the tag says red cluster. I wish I could find the weeping one - they hang tendrils all the way to the ground.

Ha! I think I’ve tried Japanese maples 4 or 5 times now.

Funny thing is, I’ve been thinking about trying again 🤣
I've killed a few JM myself. I will try again under different circumstances.
How many times is okay to buy another if you keep having deaths with the same species?
After each failure, I will do a postmortem examination to determine what went wrong. I will try again when I find out a reasonable cause and a plan for correction.

Back
Top Bottom