Beautiful Textured one of a kind Pot for Sale $

Hump

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
IMG_4698.jpegIMG_4704.jpegIMG_4697.jpegIMG_4703.jpegIMG_4702.jpegIMG_4705.jpegIMG_4701.jpegIMG_4706.jpeg
Buyer Pays Shipping from 26554
Us buyer only

BIN: $225 obo
IMG_4704.jpegIMG_4697.jpeg
img_4703-jpeg.504879
IMG_4702.jpegIMG_4705.jpegIMG_4701.jpegIMG_4706.jpeg

Nice! Is it vitrified? Did u individually make the sq indentations around the top or is it something on a roller. Not sure I like the drainage. Maybe would like it better if bigger holes and the whole thing bigger around. JMO

PS: Are those crack in the bottom?

Nice! Is it vitrified? Did u individually make the sq indentations around the top or is it something on a roller. Not sure I like the drainage. Maybe would like it better if bigger holes and the whole thing bigger around. JMO

PS: Are those crack in the bottom?
Hi august,

I didn’t make this. I wish I knew how. I’m moving for work, and FL is a lot more expensive than WV so I’m having to get rid of a lot of things I otherwise wouldn’t. Not sure if it’s vitrified. The lines on the bottom look to be cosmetic and do not go through the bottom.

Price drop. $150. Moving in 4 days so, not much time

It is a Small World, I was surfing and came across the pot post. I threw this pot about 5 years ago and sold it at the Bonsai Societies of Florida state convention over the Memorial Day weekend holiday. This was one of my prototype experimental pots, made from reclaimed stoneware clay I call H57-Heins 57. I sold it for about $150. Since then I have taken the Jumpin Jigger finish to a whole new level in sizes and shapes. I threw an 18" pot without a bottom, applied the Jumpin Jigger textuure, took it off the bat, slabbed a 22" bottom, collapsed the pot to 20" x 16", slurried the bottom to the oval, then added feet and and mid supports and fired to cone 10- it sold for $425! I hit this pot for at least 3 hours to achieve that texture, you can look on the inside and see "bumps" from the tool, hit it at least 40,000 times! Your pot with the multi holes drain holes was hit for about 2 hours, maybe 20'000 times. This year a guy came past our tables and said that he has 2 pots with almost identical texture, he said he bought it from Schley Bonsai in Deland Fl- I sell Jason pots wholesale when I need cash for clay and supplies. I seldom use the multi-hole ,11 and 19, as it takes another 30 minutes as opposed to 5 minutes with a single drain hole, the multihole has a 10% to 50% cracking in the drying process, see the overlapping MB bottomside- Millard Balfrey.
I have at least 25 pots that didn't sell here in my pottery as there were 5 other potters in the sales area. I'm stopping at Axners Pottery Supply in Oviedo next week when We go up to Daytona to visit my Mom, to buy another 1000 llbs of cone 10 clay, since 2021 it went from .44 cents a pound to .74 cents a lb, also looking for rural property between Daytona and Deland with 3 or 4 acres, getting out of Palm Beach County, every self centered, obnoxious, rude in a hurry, egotistical maniac moves to PBC! Traffic Jams Galore every day, If you need a specific size and shape pot made for a special tree I do accept commissions. DON"T MOVE TO PALM BEACH COUNTY you will be sorry!
balfreymill@yahoo.comI
Ignorance can be a Powerful Tool, when Applied at the Right Time It can Surpass Knowledge!

It is a Small World, I was surfing and came across the pot post. I threw this pot about 5 years ago and sold it at the Bonsai Societies of Florida state convention over the Memorial Day weekend holiday. This was one of my prototype experimental pots, made from reclaimed stoneware clay I call H57-Heins 57. I sold it for about $150. Since then I have taken the Jumpin Jigger finish to a whole new level in sizes and shapes. I threw an 18" pot without a bottom, applied the Jumpin Jigger textuure, took it off the bat, slabbed a 22" bottom, collapsed the pot to 20" x 16", slurried the bottom to the oval, then added feet and and mid supports and fired to cone 10- it sold for $425! I hit this pot for at least 3 hours to achieve that texture, you can look on the inside and see "bumps" from the tool, hit it at least 40,000 times! Your pot with the multi holes drain holes was hit for about 2 hours, maybe 20'000 times. This year a guy came past our tables and said that he has 2 pots with almost identical texture, he said he bought it from Schley Bonsai in Deland Fl- I sell Jason pots wholesale when I need cash for clay and supplies. I seldom use the multi-hole ,11 and 19, as it takes another 30 minutes as opposed to 5 minutes with a single drain hole, the multihole has a 10% to 50% cracking in the drying process, see the overlapping MB bottomside- Millard Balfrey.
I have at least 25 pots that didn't sell here in my pottery as there were 5 other potters in the sales area. I'm stopping at Axners Pottery Supply in Oviedo next week when We go up to Daytona to visit my Mom, to buy another 1000 llbs of cone 10 clay, since 2021 it went from .44 cents a pound to .74 cents a lb, also looking for rural property between Daytona and Deland with 3 or 4 acres, getting out of Palm Beach County, every self centered, obnoxious, rude in a hurry, egotistical maniac moves to PBC! Traffic Jams Galore every day, If you need a specific size and shape pot made for a special tree I do accept commissions. DON"T MOVE TO PALM BEACH COUNTY you will be sorry!
balfreymill@yahoo.comI
Ignorance can be a Powerful Tool, when Applied at the Right Time It can Surpass Knowledge!
Hey Millard, welcome to the nut house. Was there supposed to be some pictures included with this to show your works?

Hey Millard, welcome to the nut house. Was there supposed to be some pictures included with this to show your works?
He made the pot that the OP of this thread posted photos of at the top of the thread.

So, I'm guessing the pot is sold???

Greetings, I hate to admit it, I've only had a cell phone for 5 years, I took over my late wife's phone after she passed, didn't see a need to learn how but the time has come, maybe there is a tutorial on Youtube? I know how to send a photo with a text, if I write down the procedure I should be able to make it happen. The high school student giving lessons at the senior center moved recently. I've been focusing on selling the rest of my rare Carribbean Basin palms to make room for the 1000s of uncommon tropicals that I grow. We are considering moving 225 miles north to a more rural setting in 9b, most tropicals will survive there. My girlfriend wants a horse and goats and I want chickens and peace.
I just took a similar sized pot with the jumpin jigger finish to the drying rack, almost out of clay. I've been using my friend's 40"x30"x29" cone 10 kiln with kiln sitter, just bought a 30" cone 10 computer driven kiln, there are about 3 dozen cone 10 pots that have jigger finish in a toasty brown clay body that I want to apply a wash oh manganese dioxide to give the texture more visual depth. My solar contractor just reworked the 36 photovoltaic panels on the roof that will fully charge the 20 batteries, cant wait to burn the next load of pots to cone 10 using the sun!!!
Snowman44- I've been making the rough textured jumping jigger pots now for almost 10 years, now that I have retired I try to throw at least two a week, they range in size from shot glass size to 20", hand built slab pots up to 38" wide! Lately I've been experimenting making ovals. For the last 5 years my girlfriend and I have been vendors at the Memorial Weekend BSF Convention in Orlando. May is coming quick, I want to take at least 200 pots next year. If you need a particular size pot with jumping jigger finish, send me approx width and height. The pot being sold was one of my first run, now I have mostly went back to a single or double 1" hole due to cracking during drying. Email me if interested. balfreymill@yahoo.com

Great pot Millard. Can you send photos in email? Do you have pictures online anywhere of what you have to sell? Im looking for a grsyish brown for an eastern hemlock. Would like to see what you have.

Finally I've learned how to post photos, I have about 4 or 5 dozen highly textured pots on the shelf as well as a few dozen regular pots. thanks for the interest, Mill

Attachments

• IMG_20230514_161631.jpg
    IMG_20230514_161631.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20230527_085949.jpg
    IMG_20230527_085949.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20230528_113944.jpg
    IMG_20230528_113944.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230602_120655.jpg
    20230602_120655.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20221130_103316.jpg
    20221130_103316.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20221130_144555.jpg
    20221130_144555.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 54
What part of Jersey are you from? My Dad's side of the family, Balfrey, hailed from Moorestown and Maple Shade, Mom's side of the family were in Trenton during WWll and moved to South Jersey. I had a Uncle Bill from Cherry Hill! My Gramdpa Ebenhoech ran a 50' party boat out of Wildwood , lived in Burliegh. Mom and Dad brought me to S. Florida as a 3 month old. I'm wondering how far south Pinus rigida, Pitch Pine, will survive? We are considering relocating to north central Florida, zone 9. I can't wait to get out of Palm Beach County, 1,850,000 people live in a 60 mile by 25 mile strip of land bordering the Atlantic. We are considering the area west of Daytona in the woods, I want a 1500 sq ft house and a 1000 sq ft pottery/woodworking shop. My tropicals will be OK there and some Japanese Maples can be grown!

In in Monmouth county. A little south of New Brunswick. I dont know pitch pine's southern range.

Back
Top Bottom