An unusual Trident

There’s been some rot too at the base of the wound. That’s a bit worrisome. I cleaned up as much as I could and applied CPES - this stuff.
FCC0A0C9-1178-4621-A552-33CADC3470D3.jpeg

It’s two parts - you mix an equal measure of each an mix well. Do it in a well ventilated area.
1F500402-BD43-406E-879C-DE2E2456C3ED.jpeg

Then apply over the entire area you’d like protected.
8282D959-9A29-4DF7-94B5-1DA722DDACBC.jpeg

S

Then prune, but leave the apical growth to help with healing. I might use a filler too on this one.

F34AEDCF-5A45-4310-B27A-A7D017BE2E4F.jpeg

S

Epoxy putty makes a good filler, so far my trident is rolling over epoxy putty better than it ever did over concrete.

I see that the strong first branch always points the same direction. Like the Indian guide trees. I’m assuming it’s pointing at the fridge full of Shiners?

JB Weld is what I have been using:
http://a.co/7uOQ7fb
I’ll try to update this thread and show you how it’s doing, but I also keep it covered with cut paste, so it might be hard to see it rolling across the epoxy putty.
I’ve used the JB Weld product on an Oak before. Worked really well. Easy. I liked the working time to make adjustments and smooth it over. Rock hard when cured. Easily molded like thick clay to the exact shape and area. When I finished it actually looked like wood. Cool.

I see that the strong first branch always points the same direction. Like the Indian guide trees. I’m assuming it’s pointing at the fridge full of Shiners?

? Is there anywhere else to go?

JB Weld is what I have been using:
http://a.co/7uOQ7fb
I’ll try to update this thread and show you how it’s doing, but I also keep it covered with cut paste, so it might be hard to see it rolling across the epoxy putty.
I’ve used the JB Weld product on an Oak before. Worked really well. Easy. I liked the working time to make adjustments and smooth it over. Rock hard when cured. Easily molded like thick clay to the exact shape and area. When I finished it actually looked like wood. Cool.

I’ll give it a go. Thanks!

S

You cut off the amount you need from the stick of putty.
EF879B47-A50E-42D5-A39C-D5F6BA6EB27E.jpeg

The putty is blended with a two part epoxy.
2D6B8CE5-3E65-4101-836B-CC7BAD261E7A.jpeg

So you have to work the putty with your hands until the two parts are blended completely. After that, you have a few minutes of workable time to use it before it begins to harden. You’ll notice it starting to get hot.

S

Last edited:
I worked the putty into the wound. I’m glad I used the penetrative epoxy first to stabilize the wood underneath. I’ll likely never see that again and, with it’s application, I’m sure it won’t continue to rot underneath the putty. After a couple of hours it will harden up.
43F019C1-F5EF-4D13-9B03-A31EB417A48A.jpeg

S

Back
Top Bottom