Shimpaku in strange dish..

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
Hi all

I lost an old friend some weeks ago and have brought his collection home to sell for his wife, This Shimpaku is a strange one, It's quite nice but is in an iron brake hub with the wheelnuts welded on as feet!!

DSC-0632.jpg

I think it needs new compost as it's foliage is not deep green as mine are but then his trees were neglected whilst he was ill with his wife watering but nothing else...

Sorry about the size of the pic, I'm using a new hosting site and am unsure how to size them..

Cheers, John

Absolutely love this. Looks like a beautiful combo. I'm a sucker for a planter/pot that want originally intended as one. This is a great way to reuse material!

I'm inclined to try something similar now.

Sorry for your loss, it's hard losing bonsai friends.

The tree does look a bit stressed, I would move it to dappled shade once a week to give it a half-strenth foliar feed and monitor water closely. It is a cool tree and would be a lot of fun to refine further.

It seems the new hosting site isn't very reliable as the pic seems to have gone now, When I go in to it most of the pics have disappeared! :(

A tree in a brake rotor!? Man I wish I saw the original photo. Up my alley. Your friend had great aesthetics. Condolences.

Back
Top Bottom