Marguerite bonsai

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've always wanted to try native species. So when I saw this argyranthemum frutescens (marguerite daisy , or magarza as we call it here) in the garden center :

IMG20240901193532.jpg
I remembered, that as a child I had seen really big specimens in my ventures in nature, and so I thought I had to try.
And this is my bid after repoting:

JMK_4084 (1).jpg

I'll use this thread to update and tell you more about this species (as I learn it).

Is this the type that smells like ear wax?:eek:
I had to go to the garden to smell it. I'm a smoker and I'm not good on that, but to me it had a wonderful fragance.....
This type argyranthemum frutescens ( var canariae) is specifically native only to my island (gran canaria) close to the coast.

I had to go to the garden to smell it. I'm a smoker and I'm not good on that, but to me it had a wonderful fragance.....
This type argyranthemum frutescens ( var canariae) is specifically native only to my island (gran canaria) close to the coast.
I'm a smoker too but the marguerites we have here have an awfull, awfull smell. From six meter away it smells like old ear wax and I really don't like being in gardens where these are flowering.
Then again, my sense of smell is better than most non-smokers so it might be my personal problem.

I hope yours smells better because I think they could make nice bonsai or accent plants.

Sounds exciting! I’ve always loved marguerite daisies too. Looking forward to learning more as you share updates!

Back
Top Bottom