@my nellie
@GSCarlson
@Yosemite Goat
@jeanluc83
@VAFisher
@Starfox
@Rjoyce

Hi everyone!

I know its way to late but lets finish this contest up since some of the contestents kept their mames alive and updated their entry's !

The original rules are found in the entry thread:

Because i have been slacking the dates arnt right anymore so lets post the final rules here for all the remaining contestents.
------------------------------------------

Tree size:
Mame size is 3" to 6"
measured from the rim pot to top of the tree.

Pot size:
Maximum of 4.5 inches in length across the front viewing side.

-----------------------------------
since most contestents entered multiple tree's pick your favorite entry and post the entry picture and a final quality picture of the result here.
since its an mame tree a picture with a backdrop is easy to do.

Please add an extra picture with the height being measured if you swapped pots since the part two thread please also add a picture with the measurments of the new pot.

post this all in this thread Before 31-01-2021
after 31-01-2021 i will open up a Boring thread to select the top 3 and see who gets the mame of fame!

--------------------------------
Please keep this thread clean.
questions or anything else related to this contest Please use this thread:
-------------

Here's my crape myrtle this summer and again today 11/15 with fall color a week or so past peak. Should have taken a pic earlier - oh well. This one developed better than the little Pocomoke (surprisingly). It still in the same Bokeno pot as the last update.

20200621_130022.jpg20201115_141420.jpg

Here's the final picture of my Willow Leaf Fig. Now that the contest is ending, I think I will up-pot it and cut it back. I'd really like to see better ramification on this guy. I feel like it has come a long way since the contest started, but its growth seems to have stalled out this year.

Happy New Year!!!

MameContestFinal.jpg

Here's my crape myrtle this summer and again today 11/15 with fall color a week or so past peak. Should have taken a pic earlier - oh well
Get one this year VA?

I think I will up-pot it and cut it back. I'd really like to see better ramification on this guy. I feel like it has come a long way since the contest started, but its growth seems to have stalled out this year.

I did end up up-potting and cutting the tree back in August (I'm not sure why I waited so long). It back budded after about a month and I selected the best branches. It's making slow progress

Edit: After I uploading I see I have the wrong tag in this pot :) This isn't a Veldt Fig!

20211216_192909_resized.jpg

20211216_193124_resized.jpg

Just for more giggles. They enjoyed Florida winter w/us. Just cut back. @VAFisher @pweifan ? Still kickin?
Looking great! Yes, my willow-leaf ficus is still kickin :) It doesn't look very different than the picture above. Unfortunately, it's mostly leafless right now as I let it get too dry.

Just for more giggles. They enjoyed Florida winter w/us. Just cut back. @VAFisher @pweifan ? Still kickin?
View attachment 428376
View attachment 428377
Haven't been on the forum lately so just seeing this. Mine is still plugging along but I don't have any pics of it. I repotted it again this year - this time into a nice, light blue Chuck Iker round that suits it pretty well and should provide a little more margin for error on the watering.

Back
Top Bottom