Did Bonsai Nut reduce the permitted file size for photos?

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Bonsai Nut, did you decrease the permitted file size for photos? I tried to create a new thread in the Pine forum, and when I tried to upload a file, I was told the file size was too large. I tried again on my phone, and I got the same error message. Just to see what would happen, I tried to upload a photo I had already posted to another thread some time last month, and I was told that photo was too large. Have the rules changed?

Please disregard. It suddenly started working again.
Interestingly... I just received the same error when I posted two photos at another Xenforo site. Neither photo was large (200KB or so). And yet -it first blocked the post and then just like you suddenly it started working again. Please let me know if you have any further problems - this is a weird one.

I had the same issue for a bit, cropped a few times and got it to go through - didn't check the file size at the time.

The one that got through was 1.7 MB. The two that failed before that were 2.7 and 5.5.

Same issue. I’ll try and repost the ones that wouldn’t upload and report back.

Just tried to post the 2 pics. Each pic is 3mb. No dice. Never have I had this problem.

Try using "attach file" instead of "drop image." That's how I got it to work for my Pines thread:

My phone takes big photos but the forum seems to always resize them when I load them to the site which is fine.
🤷‍♀️

I usualy take photos with my Phone zoom in to get them with only the tree in the screen then i make a screenshot with my Phone of the zoomed in image and then its dowsized to under 1mb always.
It doesnt solve the problem why there are issues but it always works if thdle image needs to be down size without loosing quality.

The issue should be resolved.

Tech discussion (for people interested): I was doing background maintenance work on the server several days ago and upgraded the version of PHP that the site uses. Strangely, the upgrade changed a single file upload limit that I'm not sure I had ever touched in the past. Stranger still, the setting in the site management software continued to show the correct 4MB image limit - even though the server had reset to 2MB.

I was able to trace the issue only after I tried changing the image limit value in the site software - and received an error message stating that I was exceeding a hard server limit. Hmmm. Never a dull moment with technology!

Last edited:
I'm not able to upload pictures due to filesize still. So the issue persists, I believe.

Other pictures from the same device used to be able to be uploaded without issues.

Back
Top Bottom